VMware Horizon Community
TomekBlaut
Contributor
Contributor

Resolution and scaling on custom pool.

Hello everyone,

I have an atypical problem. We have on our environment a two kind pool - linked clone and custom. Our team IT uses the custom pool. Everyone knows what happens at this time in the word and knows too that many workers have to remote work.

On the laptops, we have installed "VMware Horizon Client" version 5.4.2 and we connect VPN and run this application to connect to our machine. The problem appears in here.

When I connect to the linked-clone pool my screen automates adapts to a resolution that in my computer - I have set "Allow display scaling" but when I will try to connect to custom pool the resolution doesn't adapt to a resolution that in my computer and I can't change resolution and I can't change scaling.

When I deselect "Allow display scaling" and chose "Fullscreen" and chose resolution and scaling what I have on a laptop everything is ok but why on the linked-clone pool this happen automatic but on the custom pool, I have to set manual.

Please help me solve this problem.

Tomek

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I've had some issues with this when using multiple (different) monitors which had different scaling set. Horizon client uses the scaling of the primary monitor, regardless of which monitor you use to show the VDI! So i screen 1 (set as primary) uses 100% scaling and screen 2 uses 125%, the VDI will always be 100% because your primary screen is set for 100% scaling.

Regards.

Regards, Michiel.
TomekBlaut
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Mickeybyte,

Thank you for you reply.

I connect to machine with use laptop who have a one screen. I don't have connect any monitors.

On custom pool I changed "Max number of monitors" and I set "1". Still the same problem.

On the linked-clone pool I don't have to this kind problem. I have set them "Max number of monitors"  - 2.

Tomek

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I was just thinking of a possible issue. Another thing could be that there's a GPO that disables display scaling? I know there are several places where this can be set: on computer running the Horizon Client or on the VDI/RDSH running the Horzion Agent.

Not sure if this is also a setting on the desktop pool too, but I don't think it.

Regards.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
TomekBlaut
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I thinking about that and I checked this but we are administrators and we are assigned to the group where we don't have restrictions. Moreover, I moved the machine to the folder where were machines from the linked-clone pool and that doesn't resolve the problem.

The same IT worker can logon to the machine in the linked-clone pool and have a correct screen and when login to the machine from a custom pool where the screen is doesn't set.

On the machine didn't set any policy responsible for scaling.

I found something that I will be testing today - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-change-dpi-scaling-level-displays-windows-10-a.html

Tomek

0 Kudos