VMware Horizon Community
brian89gp
Contributor
Contributor

Reset option greyed out when not logged in

I am using 1-to-1 individual desktop mappings. In VDM version 2 a user could reset a desktop whether they were logged into it or not but the option to reset is greyed out in View version 3 unless they are logged in. Is there a way to change this back to the way it was before?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Did you upgrade your pool to View 3? I am wondering if this is maybe something that can be fixed by going into the pool options and selecting the option to allow users to reset their desktops.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
brian89gp
Contributor
Contributor

Server is a fresh install, agents were upgraded though. I am running Individual mapped desktops not pools, but the option you mention is selected on all of them and it works after you have connected to a desktop but not before.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have never noticed it before but it seems as if mine are also greyed out. I will play around with it and see if I can find anything that will help fix problem.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

As I said earlier I have never really used this option but it is definitely greyed out on my View setup. I setup a 2.1 server in the lab and created a test XP machine with a one to one relationship. Even in this environment I didn't see a place to reset it from the logon screen. I have attached a screenshot just in case I was looking in the wrong place.

Did you ever figure out what was happening?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Did you ever figure out a solution to your problem?

0 Kudos
csimwong
Contributor
Contributor

I did a fresh server install and fresh VMs (uninstalled VDM 2.0 agent and installed View 3 agent on template) and noticed the same behavior with reset option. Did you ever find out answer? Thanks.

0 Kudos
creiche
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same behavoir on our fresh install of View 3.1.2. Any tips on fixing this so that our users can reset their VMs and not call me at 2AM? :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
csimwong
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted VMware Support and they confirmed that this is by design. The idea being that if multiple users are entitled to a VM, they won't reset each other's sessions. I mentioned that idea doesn't apply to my environment. I need users to be able to reset their own VMs when it it stuck so that I don't get paged in the middle of the night by users on the other side of the world. They would make a note for engineering of this scenario.

Maybe you can open a case with them too so that they know that others besides me want the reset feature put back.

0 Kudos