VMware Horizon Community
thomasduval
Contributor
Contributor

Report from vROPS for Historical Session logon

Hi,

We have an Horizon 7.5 Enterprise infrastructure with vROPS 6.6 and my customer would like to get an on-demand and/or monthly report of all User's that have been logged on to the VDI (for each one, we need to have the username, duration of session, logon time and loggoff time as well).

Actually, I didn't find anything in the existing vROPS Dashboard or Report that could provide it, do you have any views export to share with me, or even an indication of which metrics should I get to achieve this tasks ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

By default there are dashboards that gives you the machine name with session logon , user details on vrops.

Use the Horizon User Session Details dashboard to view detailed information about all types of sessions running in your Horizon environment.

Check below link :

Horizon User Session Details Dashboard

I haven't seen anything for reports.

Please mark this as "correct" or " Helpfull" if this answers your query.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
thomasduval
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, but what I need is historical session launched, during last month for example, with user name, session duration time start and time end.

0 Kudos
mchadwick19
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This most likely won't be easy to gather from vROps alone.

What I would do is query the events database to first gather a list of unique users and then for each user get their logon/logoff events. Now this is the quick and slow way to do this as more users = more time to run the report.

What I have done in the past to get Unique users is use another app like UEM which maintains 1 folder per user to get the list and then query the events database. You may be able to use the ViewAPI to pull the events a bit quicker than a SQL query.

Check out this blog by Wouter Kursten (I would @ him but I don't know his community name) that shows how to query the API for BROKER_USERLOGGEDIN messages. The logged out messages are simply BROKER_USERLOGGEDOUT and you can also query other event types if needed.

VDI Engineer VCP-DCV, VCP7-DTM, VCAP7-DTM Design
0 Kudos
thomasduval
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also afraid that vROPS doesn't offered this kind of output...

I've just workaround this request by just requesting the DB with the following query :

SELECT ModuleAndEventText, Time

FROM HRZ_event_historical

WHERE (EventType = 'Agent_CONNECTED' OR EventType = 'Agent_ENDED') AND ModuleAndEventText like '%USERNAME%';

By changing the %USERNAME% to the appropriate username, I get the actual login and loggoff inside a VDI.

I prefer to condition the query with 'AGENT_***' rather than 'BROKER_**' because BROKER is only about the Connection Server login, and AGENT is about the actual logon launch.

milindng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am using Vmware vRealize operation manager (ROPs ) 6.7.0 built-8183617. I am also looking for the same kind of report. I need to generate report for Daily-date-time, monthly user login -log off, session duration, user name (id), vdi name, End point device name and IP in case using BOYD. I am using instant clone and for a single user need to collect report like how many time he login, log off, session duration, end point ip/name.

I have spent al lot of time to create dashboard as well as to create templates for the same, but unable to get expected report.

0 Kudos