VMware Horizon Community
AlbertoChestaro
Contributor
Contributor

Replica Datastore storing virtual machines

Hi community. Has anyone seen this happen withing Horizon View 5.2, we have an automated floating pool configured with 1 replica datastore and 20 desktop datastores. The replica datastore reported low disk space and when reviewing its utilization we noticed that some desktops are being stored within it. Could this be a corruption within the pool or any other cause?

2017-06-29 12_57_54-vdivcenter05.ofs.walgreens.com - vSphere Client.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Typically this is a configuration issue, I have not seen pools use a replica datastore for VMs due to Horizon View issues in 5.2 or above. You have 20 datastores, it would be easy to accidentally click on the replica datastore when configuring that pool.

I would start by reviewing the linked clone selected datastores in the pool. If that is not the issue, I would try to correlate the Horizon View events for those VMs and the vSphere tasks for each VM. They could be orphaned or from an old deployment under the same pool.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos