VMware Horizon Community
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Replica Connection server install failed with error code 1603 - 7.9.0-13956742

Hi All,

I'm trying to add two new Connections servers to a onsite pod get a 1603 error. Everything appears to install ok, LDAP replication finishes and at the final stage of the install it rollsback.

Having a look through the install logs  C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\vminst.log_20190817_151655_Failed

The last error is;

adamInstUtil: 08/17/19 15:14:59 Begin Logging

adamInstUtil: 08/17/19 15:14:59 --- CA exec: VMAdamReplicaImportCMS

adamInstUtil: 08/17/19 15:16:39 ERROR: Cannot bootstrap CMS: Cannot connect to any node, attempts=4, last-error=Destination unreachable

adamInstUtil: 08/17/19 15:16:39 End Logging

All the existing Connection servers are the same version 7.9.0-13956742 and I have used the same install source for the new servers.

Now there is a firewall between the new Connection servers and the existing Connections servers. I have followed the Horizon Port Guide Network Ports in VMware Horizon 7: VMware Horizon 7 version 7.8 and the firewall management team have made the required changes to allow the defined ports.

I can only assume that we may have missed opening a port between the existing and new servers, considering its a 'Destination unreachable' error. Anyone have any insights into which port it could be or if its not a port issue what else it could be?

I have seen this post and the error is different.

Replica View Connection server install failed with error code 1603.

TIA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe my issue relates to the blocking of TCP Port 135 on the firewall. When I initially read the reference document it stated TCP Port 135 was only use for Cloud Pod Architecture (CPA).  There has since been an amendment to the document stating that the language used has change to indicate that all Architecture's require TCP Port 135 open. https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/network-ports-vmware-horizon-7#section15

"Changed language on RPC ports in the Horizon Connection Server table to reflect that this applies to all Connection Server to Connection Server replication and not just CPA."

Network Ports in VMware Horizon 7: VMware Horizon 7 version 7.8

Lessen learnt double check the the reference ports before you deploy a change that requires specific port.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe my issue relates to the blocking of TCP Port 135 on the firewall. When I initially read the reference document it stated TCP Port 135 was only use for Cloud Pod Architecture (CPA).  There has since been an amendment to the document stating that the language used has change to indicate that all Architecture's require TCP Port 135 open. https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/network-ports-vmware-horizon-7#section15

"Changed language on RPC ports in the Horizon Connection Server table to reflect that this applies to all Connection Server to Connection Server replication and not just CPA."

Network Ports in VMware Horizon 7: VMware Horizon 7 version 7.8

Lessen learnt double check the the reference ports before you deploy a change that requires specific port.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos