VMware Horizon Community
JGWentworth
Contributor
Contributor

Replica Connection Server and Secondary Security Server - Horizon View 5.32

As of now, our environment consists of 1 Connection Server and 1 Security Server. We have been expanding and have seen the need to have a Replica Connection server for fail-over. (Probably way later than it should be.) With that being said, I plan to build out the Replica Connection server and am wondering if I need to build out a Secondary Security server. I have read that if I have a Secondary Connection server that I need a Secondary Security server, but since this is technically just a "Replica Connection Server" does it still need another Security Server.

Also, with that being said, I was told by VMWare that I could stand up the Replica Connection server with no impact on uptime on the Primary Connection Server. I assume that is true. If I do need a Secondary Security Server, is that same statement also true?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SanjaySP1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Security and Connection servers are one-to-one mapping. Hence based on the current setup, if you are planning to deploy fail over servers for both internal and external customers you definitely need another pair of Connection & Security server.

1. Also, with that being said, I was told by VMWare that I could stand up the Replica Connection server with no impact on uptime on the Primary Connection Server. I assume that is true.

Answer - Yes, that is Correct.

2. If I do need a Secondary Security Server, is that same statement also true?

Answer - Yes, Installing new Security server instance should not impact existing setup.

0 Kudos