VMware Horizon Community
wframe
Contributor
Contributor

Replacing View 4.6 Connection Server

Greetings,

We are looking to upgrade our View infrastructure in the near future.  We are currently running View 4.6.  Our Connection server is unhealthy (NTFS issues) but is chugging along.  I would prefer to resolve this issue sooner than later by replacing the connection server.

Ideally I would like to keep the same name to avoid a number of configuration changes.

Any tips on going about doing this?  I assume I would stand up a replica connection server (ReplicaServer), do something to remove the standard connection server (ConnectionServer), and then rename the ReplicaServer to ConnectionServer via this KB

I'm not sure how to go about the middle part, or if there is some other preferred method of going about this.  Your insight would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TDRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This link should give you step by step instructions on how to go about upgrading the 4.6 to 5.x connection server:

http://pubs.vmware.com/view-51/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.view.upgrade.doc%2FGUID-043C31E0-0E1A-4...

wframe
Contributor
Contributor

TDRoy - that describes a different situation (name change during an upgrade) but it seems like it should work when sticking to the same version.  Thanks for the reference!  Will post back when I know if it worked : )

0 Kudos