VMware Horizon Community
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Repeating characters when typing

I've now had three reports of this so I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered it before opening a support case.

We have a few users that have reported repeating characters when typing. This is seen on Horizon 7.4.0 (Connection server and agent) and the users have the latest 4.10.0 Horizon Client. One user has both a Mac and Windows machine and sees it on both. We only use the Blast display protocol.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I've only seen this in the html client, and it was related to something with Firefox. I'm on the same versions of everything you mentioned

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What we are finding is that this may be an issue with using the Horizon Client in nested mode. Nested mode is needed for our IT users where they have a separate "productivity" and "admin" user account and linked clone.

We had a user launch the Horizon Client twice from their personal machine and login directly to each VM. Initially reports are that they are no longer seeing the issue. Since we use Blast and don't have GPU I suspect nested mode is overwhelming the first linked clone running the Horizon Client.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

We do that too, and normally I just use the webclient in the first vm, because the two shades at the top drive me nuts. I think we have others that do do that and I haven't gotten a complaint, but my userbase isn't that big.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The HTML5 client is not an option for us.

Which display protocol are you using? We find that internally where we initially use PCoIP and then the nested connection is using Blast we don't see this issue. It seems to only be an issue where Blast is used for the first secondary connections. We don't have GPU so their is no hardware offload for the Blast sessions and I'm thinking we may need to do some tuning of Blast.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

We use BLAST by default, with the exception of a few pcoip thin clients,mainly because I have a weird routing problem that prevents pcoip externally I haven't figured out yet. We don't have any qos setup on blade or anything either, so I think its just taking as much as possible.

0 Kudos
Rasenderhase
Contributor
Contributor

The latest version of the Horizon client for Mac also has this issue:

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=CART22FH2_MAC_2111&productId=1...

I can fix the problem by installing the previous version (2106.1) and ignoring the update wish of the application.

tcharl
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, please fix and publish a new version: I can't access to my company IS anymore!