VMware Horizon Community
perty
Contributor
Contributor

Remote Desktop User empty after recompose

Hi guys!

Why in Remote Desktop User Group of a Windows 10 desktop in a linked clone pool any user disappear after a recompose?

I need to insert different users in different desktops in the same linked clone pool.... how can I do?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Suman1209
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

How are you adding the gourp to the Machines iN Master Image or via GPO ?

Regards Sumanth VCP7-DTM7 , DCV , NV, VCAP7-DTM Design If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful
0 Kudos
perty
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply but the problem is a little more difficult to resolve.

I can't add in master image or gpo because every user must use RDP for his own desktop.

Here an example:

Desktop Pool

PC1 for user1

PC2 for user2

PC3 for user3

and every user need to use RDP for his own desktop.

How can I do this permanently without create a GPO for every user?

0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

Is there a reason you cant just add the users to a security group and have that applied to the remote desktop users group via GPO? Each user can still be directed to their own VM

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
perty
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but so User2 could connect to PC1 or 2 or 3 using remote desktop... and so other users. Is it wrong?

0 Kudos
T180985
Expert
Expert

They would have the windows permission to do so but you can still assign users via horizon view so that users only get their specified desktop

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

go for dedicated desktops pool (not floating), where you pick first time and then every time the user will connect to same desktop

0 Kudos