VMware Horizon Community
kami3zak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Remote Control with Established Session

Greetings!

I have a VMware Horizon 7.2 environment with vSphere 6.5. What I was wondering is if there is a way to connect with a session that is established through my connection broker thru PCoIP/BLAST from my vSphere console? Currently once a session is established with a VM from the CB the screen blacks out in vSphere.

If this is not possible is there a good alternative to connecting and troubleshooting with end-users? I have a large SCCM deployment for my physical desktops, however I am not finding SCCM to be a very good tool for managing my VMs.

Best,

Brendan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

For PCoIP connections you need to set a registry key for the agent. its in the View ADM template:

Enable access to a PCoIP session from a vSphere console

View PCoIP General Session Variables

For Blast you need to set

Screen Blanking

Specifies whether to have the desktop VM's console show the actual desktop that the user sees or to show a blank screen when the desktop has an active session. The default is to show a blank screen.

VMware Blast Policy Settings

View solution in original post

2 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

For PCoIP connections you need to set a registry key for the agent. its in the View ADM template:

Enable access to a PCoIP session from a vSphere console

View PCoIP General Session Variables

For Blast you need to set

Screen Blanking

Specifies whether to have the desktop VM's console show the actual desktop that the user sees or to show a blank screen when the desktop has an active session. The default is to show a blank screen.

VMware Blast Policy Settings

kami3zak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you! I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos