VMware Horizon Community
VMvvol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Related to view composer I am having one issue with composing new pools

Hi Experts,

I am having one issue started recently when I am trying to compose new pool or increasing existing pool size

I was thinking it was due to view composer as per error that I see and shown below

Error: View Composer Fault: VMware.Sim.Fault.VcDatastoreInaccessibleFault

Thank you,

Volga.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks for update, we will be waiting on your feedback on "Is it possible to mirror same configuration of existing old host under VDI cluster? and try creating/recomposing pools"

also, please cross check this point also from Suraj "I would recommend you to check all the hosts in the VDI cluster ( Both old and new one added) if SSLv3 is same of different." [as I said please mirror same configuration as one of old host in cluster should include this point]

Regards,

Vkmr.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I need some more information

it looks like view composer is not seeing some data stores on host or permissions, please provide me below information.

1) have you did any changes to VDI cluster?

2) any changes [like permissions] to shared data stores/local storage where VDI's will create

3) Have you added any host's to cluster?

4) Do you have any host down during creating new pool?

5) any other changes to VDI environment?

Regards,

Vkmr. 

VMvvol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Vkmr,

sorry for delay, I was checking on changes fro all edges, please find my response as below

1) have you did any changes to VDI cluster?

Yes.

2) any changes [like permissions] to shared data stores/local storage where VDI's will create

We are using shared storage for hosting VDI's and no permissions change to existing shares.

3) Have you added any host's to cluster?

Yes, we added 3 hosts to VDI cluster.

4) Do you have any host down during creating new pool?

No

5) any other changes to VDI environment?

Yes, as I said we added 3 host servers to VDI cluster, our storage engineer configured different shared data stores compare to existing host

Please let me know if you find any thing from my answers, looking forward to your reply

Thank you,

Volga.

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

that's fine, here is my response based on your answers of 3 & 5 questions.

Is it possible to mirror same configuration of existing old host under VDI cluster? and try creating/recomposing pools

(or)

if the above step is not possible on ASAP, can you keep those 3 new hosts on maintenance mode? [if you are getting same error on maintenance mode, please feel free to remove those 3 host from cluster and we can add them back to cluster later].

please let me know if you need any help here

Regards,

Vkmr.   

BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I've seen this error message for one of two reasons.

1. A host in the cluster is in maintenance mode or shutdown.
  2. One of the hosts in the cluster does not have access to all of the datastores that the pool is configured to use. Were any datastores decommissioned that the pool might still be referencing?

Creating or provisioning a VMware View desktop pool fails with the error: View Composer Fault: VMwar...

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I would not advise placing any hosts in the cluster in maintenance mode. That is know to cause that error and I've personally experienced it a few times.

Creating or provisioning a VMware View desktop pool fails with the error: View Composer Fault: VMwar...

surajr04
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Error: View Composer Fault: VMware.Sim.Fault.VcDatastoreInaccessibleFault  can also come in case on Composer machine UFA service is disable or not running.

The above can also happen if new hosts added to the existing VDI cluster have SSLv3 configured incorrectly as compare to other existing hosts.

Refer to VMware Knowledge Base .

I would recommend you to check all the hosts in the VDI cluster ( Both old and new one added) if SSLv3 is same of different.

Steps:

Select host > Click on Configuration Tab > Go to Advanced Settings > vmauth  and check if SSLv3 is enable of disable.

Also from Composer try to Telnet ESXi host on port 902 and check if it is able to resolve.

VMvvol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Vkmr,

I am working with my storage engineer on below step [it totally make sense to  my team] and I will keep you updating on it

"Is it possible to mirror same configuration of existing old host under VDI cluster? and try creating/recomposing pools"

0 Kudos
VMvvol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi BenFB!

As I mentioned above on below point

"One of the hosts in the cluster does not have access to all of the datastores that the pool is configured to use. Were any datastores decommissioned that the pool might still be referencing?"

no datastores was decommissioned, but we added 3 more hosts [which was configured with wrong datastore] to cluster which was causing this issue.

Thank you,

Volga.

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks for update, we will be waiting on your feedback on "Is it possible to mirror same configuration of existing old host under VDI cluster? and try creating/recomposing pools"

also, please cross check this point also from Suraj "I would recommend you to check all the hosts in the VDI cluster ( Both old and new one added) if SSLv3 is same of different." [as I said please mirror same configuration as one of old host in cluster should include this point]

Regards,

Vkmr.

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, I agree with you on it totally, that's why I gave 3 options here Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
VMvvol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got it fix with by reconfiguring host systems with same configuration of old host in cluster, it took lot of time for configuring advance settings

Thanks for helping us! much appreciations to everyone!

Volga.

0 Kudos