VMware Horizon Community
stagiairereseau
Contributor
Contributor

Refresh at disconnect/stateless VM And What to buy?

Hello everybody,

My first question is concerning "how to get stateless VM's ?" (kind of mandatory profile) In other words, how can I proceed to have VM's which don't save any changes made by the end-user?

Second question is the following : I tried the evaluation license(60 days) for Horizon 6. I used view composer server, view agent/view agent direct connection, view connection server, view client and Thin app (thanks to the https://FQDN_SERVER/admin)

I would like to know if with Standard license of Horizon, I would benefit from all these features or I'll need the advanced or entreprise version.

Help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sachindsharma
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You have some options. You can create non-persistent desktop pools, meaning the VMs would refresh every time someone logs off. That's available as part of composer in Horizon Std. Horizon Ent includes App Volumes and User Environment Manager, which helps with application delivery and management to allow apps to follow the end-user around non-persistent desktops, and user environment management which allows user and app settings to follow the end-user across non-persistent desktops. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos