VMware Horizon Community
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Refresh Immediately on Log off Not working

I have built a View 5.3.1 environment that is having a strange problem.

I am able to create a linked-clone without any problems. I have set the pool to "refresh immediately" on log off. When I log off of a virtual desktop it does not refresh. I have also changed the pool to "delete immediately" on log off and I nothing happens.

I can manually refresh the linked-clone and I can manually delete the linked-clone without any problems.

I have checked the rights of the vCenter and View Composer accounts and they have administrator rights in vCenter and administrator rights on the respective virtual servers.

Any ideas of what I am missing?

Thanks....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for everyone's help.

After following the suggested troubleshooting I realized something that I forgot. When you login to a virtual desktop through the vSphere Client it doesn't initiate a refresh on log off. But, when you login to a virtual desktop from a View Client a refresh does happen when you log off.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is it doing it only on one VM or the whole pool?

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also what is your settings for AutoMatically logoff after disconnect? We set this for "After" "15" Minutes.

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is doing it to multiple virtual desktops in the pool.

0 Kudos
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We set it to automatically disconnect after 120 minutes.

0 Kudos
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In the view admin are the users still showing connected? This may be your issue, have you tried waiting the 120 mins?

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I log into the virtual desktop wait for a few minutes and then I log off. I make sure that from the View Admin side that I am disconnected. After I know that I am logged off I wait to see if the virtual desktop refreshes and it doesn't.

0 Kudos
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can you try changing your logoff after disconnect to something shorter or to Immediately so you can see if that fixes your issue. The VMs can show disconnected but your user account is still logged in. And if you policy is set to 120 mins it will not drop the connection and recompose till that user is logged off or 120 mins.

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I changed the pool to "Automatic logoff after disconnect: Immediately". I then logged into 5 virtual desktops and disconnected them from the View Admin console. All 5 of the virtual desktops show as disconnected in the console. They have not been logged off and they have not refreshed.

0 Kudos
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And if you go in the view admin portal and Desktops and open one of the desktops and check the Last Compose time its not recent to the last logoff.

Is the desktop still showing a user?

Also what version of view are you running?

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for everyone's help.

After following the suggested troubleshooting I realized something that I forgot. When you login to a virtual desktop through the vSphere Client it doesn't initiate a refresh on log off. But, when you login to a virtual desktop from a View Client a refresh does happen when you log off.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos