VMware Horizon Community
SvLent
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Reconnecting to vCenter at address

Hello,

I've setup my Vmware View server and Event Database today. Added my vmware vcenter server.

In my monitoring -> events I keep seeing:

Severity: Info

Module: Connection Server

and

Severity: Info

Module: Connection Server

Message: Reconnecting to vCenter at address https://vmware:443/sdk

every 3 to 10 seconds. Everything seems to work ok. But why so many logging?

We are using vmware heartbeat for our vcenter servers does this has something to do with this?

Products:

Vmware ESXi 5.5

Vmware View 6.0.1

Vmware Heartbeat 6.6

Vmware vCenter 5.5

With kind regards:

Sander

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SvLent
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I think I fixed it. It had something to do with View Storage Accelerator and Global -> Act as vCenter Server access rights.

When creating a VM it must do something with the virtual disk digest.

Sander

View solution in original post

10 Replies
SvLent
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I think I fixed it. It had something to do with View Storage Accelerator and Global -> Act as vCenter Server access rights.

When creating a VM it must do something with the virtual disk digest.

Sander

epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We're seeing the same type of thing (View 5.2 here, VCenter 5.5 Update 1). I changed the role of our account talking to VCenter to have Global-Act as vCenter Server, but, it seems like we're still seeing the message intermittently. That's all you had to do?

0 Kudos
SvLent
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi epa80,

You have to set the right at vcenter server level and propagate.

Is this a production env.? If not you could delete all VM's and see if the message goes away. If so then this is the same problem.

Hope this helps,

Sander

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yeah, we are a production environment with about 1200 full clones today. I can't really blow away all the VMs. I did set that right, and the role was already defined to propagate, but, we're still seeing that session. Just to be clear, the role I modified was the account View uses to talk to our Virtual Centers. We have 4 View Brokers spanning our 2 separate data centers (2 in each DC), and we have 2 Virtual Centers (1 in each DC).

One caveat for us may be that, although we had storage accelerator enabled, we did NOT have any blackout schedules set until last night either (when I made the rights change). No clue if this matters at all, but, wanted to mention it.

0 Kudos
SvLent
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are using a standalone view composer server, the account we are using is also for the connection with vcenter server. But I think the account that is used for the View Composer server is the account that should have the View Storage Accelerator and Global -> Act as vCenter Server access rights.

Disabling the View Storage Accelerator should also help to get rid of the messages but I don't think you want that.

Sander

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have a ticket with VMware open regarding this. We are not using Composer today, although we plan to move to it. Anyway, thanks for replying back, I'll post if we end up finding a solution in our instance.

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sander if you get a moment, could you check your PMs? Thanks.

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Looks like we may have been missing 1 other privelege. Per VMware View 5.2 Documentation Library you need what is described below. We did not have this, but we do now:

The following Host privilege is required to implement View Storage Accelerator, which enables ESXi host caching. If you do not use View Storage Accelerator, the vCenter Server user does not need this privilege.

Host

In Configuration:

Advanced settings

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Don't want to jump to any conclusions, but, after enabling that Host setting, we haven't seen the reconnecting message in View for about 1 hour. That's unheard of for us.

0 Kudos
SvLent
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah ok,

My service account has administrator rights at host level 😐

Thats why i've not seen this.

Hope this solves your problem.

Sander

0 Kudos