VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

Recomposing Issue

I seem to be having an issue recomposing and was curious where the issue might be.  Not sure if it points to the Horizon servers or the Vsphere hosts.    Lately when i try to recompose a Linked Clone pool it takes forever for the cloning process.  typically when i recompose it takes only a few minutes for the "cloning" process to show up in vcenter.  Now when i try to recompose a pool it takes well over an hour for that same process to show up.  I seem to have an issue but not sure where to look.  Horizon composer logs look OK. No errors.  Not sure where to start looking going forward.  Any assistance is appreciated. 

Perry

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

The one time I believe I saw something like this we did a full restart of horizon,

VMware Knowledge Base

I would start by looking at the connection server logs though, the recompose request shows up in the debug log I believe.

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You may want to restart the composer service or reboot the composer VM if installed separately!

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

restart my solve your issue, however what have been changed in the environments recently ? any upgrade maybe

0 Kudos