VMware Horizon Community
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Recompose error in vmware view 4.6 "Error:- Customization operation timed out."

Hi all,

In my organization i have deployed automated floating pool. Yesterday i have refreshed two problem desktops which are locked up with the service account we have in the organization. The desktops are still locked up with the service account after refresh. So I recomposed the two desktops, but the recompose is not done finally. The customizing status is there for around 40mins. After that the status is "Error:- Customization operation timed out."

Please help me out on this.Why the recompose is not done. Usually it happens within 10mins.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have a look in the Composer-log on the desktops and on vCenter, should give you some clues.

I would suspect the AD-account or dns/vSwitch port problems.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have a look in the Composer-log on the desktops and on vCenter, should give you some clues.

I would suspect the AD-account or dns/vSwitch port problems.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Linjo,

I analysed the desktop composer logs. Machine was unable to join in the Domain.

2012-01-19 17:56:09,048 [2532] INFO  Guest  -  [Guest.cpp, 248] Attempting to join XXXXXXXXXX049 to the domain

2012-01-19 17:56:11,392 [2532] FATAL Guest  -  [Guest.cpp, 261] Domain join failed: 1326

But when all my other machines are working fine why only one machine is not able to join the domain?

Thanks,

Venkat.

0 Kudos
amandasmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check the following information http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102722...

Hope this information helps you.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else
gunnarb
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Just because...

Honeslty, I've seen this so many times at this point I'm not sure why some will and some won't.  I normally chalk it up to the Domain Controller just unable to respond to so many requests at the same time.  I've had some customers try and provision 10 VMs and 5 give this error.  This specific customer had the DC in Germany so that made more sense.  However even in my lab I'll get this for 1 out of 20 VMs.  The simple solution is just to delete that VM, Composer will automatically recreate it and the next time around it tends to join.

Gunnar Berger http://www.gunnarberger.com http://www.endusercomputing.com
0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

But that is not the solution. It is just a workaround.RCA must be there for this issue.I know that if we delete the VM's they will be created automaically.

0 Kudos