VMware Horizon Community
electricd7
Contributor
Contributor

Recent pool build on Windows 10 21H2 and Horizon 2111. Profile redirection in place, Edge favorites

Hello-

We have been using Horizon 7 for several years and Windows 10 1909 pools.  I recently upgraded our environment to Horizon 8 (2111) and created a new non-persistent floating pool based on a new install of Windows 10 21H2.  We have our users' profiles redirected to our file server and no other identity management happening.  The new pool works great, however, no favorites or settings for Microsoft Edge appear to be persisting after logout.  This worked on the previous 1909 edge installation.  I didn't make any changes to group policies, but perhaps Edge needs "tweaked" to make it work again?  Does anyone have any ideas for me as to what to check/change to get my users' edge favorites and settings to persist?

ED7

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EmilianW1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@electricd7 ,

Try using DEM (VMware Dynamic Environment Manager) to redirect user profiles to external file server.

https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/quick-start-tutorial-vmware-dynamic-environment-manager

electricd7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks...we don't have DEM deployed at all.  I think I can do this all via GPOs as I am reading more as it seems like Edge now requires some specific GPOs to allow roamingprofiles?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
EmilianW1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@electricd7 ,

I'm pretty sure that you can do it via GPO but DEM will give you more flexibility on when to apply correct settings 

EmilianW1_0-1649944690472.png

0 Kudos
Eric-Champagne
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Honnestly with Horizon 8, VMware DEM is included even in the standard edition. You really should use VMware DEM. The product is solid like the rock and easy to use and all your challenge will be easily resolve and much more.

0 Kudos
electricd7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I was able to get Edge working with GPO and our roaming profiles but will look into DEM and a migration to that. 

0 Kudos