VMware Horizon Community
EricinIT
Contributor
Contributor

Reason True SSO Doesn't Work with Windows 10 2004

Does anyone know the specific reason that True SSO doesn't work with Windows 10 2004? What architecture changed causes this not to work? VMware has a kb article at VMware Knowledge Base  explaining it doesn't work but doesn't say why.

8 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That's interesting and a bummer that the KB doesn't say why or what to do for correction.

I'm looking around more for additional details as I plan to take one of my labs up to Win10 2004 and this could impact it's success.

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
jdlizzle
Contributor
Contributor

I am very interested as well.  Did you find out anything?

0 Kudos
EricinIT
Contributor
Contributor

I had opened a case with VMware and the tech stated to open a feature request however wouldn't elaborate on why this didn't work.

0 Kudos
sholliday_aus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As the KB says, it seems to be a limitation of Windows 10 version 2004 as Remote Desktop. I wonder if Microsoft has removed some feature of the OS in version 2004.

Regards,
Scott

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any
0 Kudos
TomButzelaar
Contributor
Contributor

To make it worse, the same applies to W10 20H2.

0 Kudos
snokas011
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Anyone figured out a solution/workaround for this? Or know what architecture changed?

0 Kudos
DFMoore
Contributor
Contributor

I just got TrueSSO up and running and am now experiencing the same issues as stated above with 2002 and 20h2. 1909 works fine.

0 Kudos
oneamongsixbill
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Microsoft has released an update (KB4598291) which contains fix for the issue. This fix is publicly available through Windows Update as well as WU catalog from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4598291