VMware Horizon Community
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

Random resizing of application windows

We are currently running about 100 desktops in a View 4.5 dynamic pool setting with the Samsung NC240 monitor to connect. I have noticed an issue in all of our XP SP3 VMs which I have yet to find a resolution to. Whenever a user visits a website with embedded flash content, the screen will flash for a second. When it corrects itself, the windows of most any opened application will be rearranged, usually minimized down. I have attached a few screen shots for reference. This seems to happen whether I connect to a session through the Samsun monitor, or from a regular XP box running the View client. I'm just curious if anyone has seen this type of behavior, or has any clue as to what might cause it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Can you test the same thing using an RDP connection? Just to check if this is VM-related or not.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. This seems only to be a PCOIP issue. When connecting via RDP, I do not encounter this behavior.

0 Kudos
mila30
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with JLogan, this is only a PCOIP issue. Because when I connect via RDP, iI have no problem so far.  No signs of unusual behavior http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/1.gif

0 Kudos
JLogan3o13
Contributor
Contributor

I had hoped an upgrade to View 5 would resolve this issue, but it does not seem to have helped.

As a test, I went to a site I know will cause the windows to resize (Youtube), let it do its thing, and then saved that profile as the default user. Now, when a new user logs in and hits a site with embedded video, their windows no longer resize. However, instead of the screen going black for a few seconds only the first time, it does this every time.

Still curious if anyone else is seeing this through a PCOIP session. I also see this if I go into the vSphere client and console to one of the machines, which is very strange.

0 Kudos