VMware Horizon Community
pfergus
Contributor
Contributor

Random Feedback

- When a View Desktop is running in Lion full-screen and I get disconnected (e.g. when I put my computer to sleep), the client inevitably leaves Lion full-screen and returns to a regular window.  This is annoying to have to keep forcing the client back to full-screen.  Could the entire GUI continue to stay full-screen through the connection process and only leave full-screen if the user initiates it?  This is also annoying because Lion assumes that a new full-screen application is tacked onto the last position in the hierarchy of Mission Control Desktops, so the position of the View Desktop ends up at the end of the list rather than earlier where it's more convenient.

- Also, when I unexpectedly disconnect from a View Desktop (e.g. when I put my computer to sleep) the View client appears to never time out when trying to rendezvous with the server.  If I can't get reconnected automatically and transparently (which is ok if it doesn't play well with security/password saving), can I at least be returned to a point where I can manually reconnect without having to re-request disconnecting from the server?

- There appears to be no key commands to get connected to a View server, nor selecting a View Desktop once I'm connected to the server.  If I click on the View client window (the one that contains a list of Desktops) I can use the arrow keys to select a Desktop, but I can't initate a connection without the mouse.

- When entering my password to log onto the View server, I can't Command-A (Select All) to select my entire username and password if I mis-key something.  I either have to tab my way back into the field, use the delete key, or the mouse to select the errant text and then retype.

Even with all the above Tech Preview PCoIP client is much smoother and slicker than the 4.6 RDP client.  I do miss the ability to use (VMware-unsupported) drive redirection and local printers that was available in the 4.6 client, but recognize things are only going to get better.

- Patrick

0 Kudos
0 Replies