VMware Horizon Community
ATM990
Contributor
Contributor

RTAV (webcam with 720p resolution) on Horizon view 7

Hello,

I have a problem using a webcam at higher resolutions on Horizon 7. Does anyone know how to make the user experience better?

I want to use a Logitech c920 HD pro webcam for a face capturing application but at 720p or higher resolutions, the frame rate drops considerably and it lags a lot thereby making it difficult for me to accurately capture images. The application requires that the image must be very clear and stable before it can be validated. I have tried to steady my hand to get a very clear picture but the image still gets rejected by the application. Surprisingly, I have no issues running the application on a physical desktop as the webcam runs at close to 30fps at 720p. Images I took, both from the physical and virtual desktop at 720p look identical. The only exception was that the experience was very poor on the virtual desktop

I have tried adjusting the RTAV settings( frame rate, resolution, bandwdth etc) using group policy but there was no major improvement to the user experience.I also have software 3D rendering enabled and set to 128MB on the virtual desktop.

Does VMware support resolutions this high on a webcam? as the default resolution is 240p. The only solution I can think of is using a GPU for the virtual desktop but I think that's a little far fetched.

0 Kudos
0 Replies