VMware Horizon Community
sayedamir72
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

RHEL 8.2 remote agent, VM with unsupported Guest OS

Hi,

I am trying to add a Redhat 8.2 VM to a Horizon desktop pool and I am unable to select the VM as it is greyed out. The accompanying message says VM with unsupported Guest OS. From what I've read Redhat 8 is supported to not sure why it is happening.

My versions are:

Horizon 7.8

Horizon Agent 7.12

ESXi 6.7

Any ideas why the VM is greyed out in the list of VMs when I try to add it to the desktop pool?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Your in an unsupported state as it is, you need to have the same connection versions as you do agent version, and only use the newer agents per support recommendation and only till your can upgrade.  The horizon agent may support redhat 8, but your entering it in a horizon 7.8 , which is why your getting that message. 7.8 only supported rhel 7.6 I believe. You can't really expect anything to work as it should in this state.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Your in an unsupported state as it is, you need to have the same connection versions as you do agent version, and only use the newer agents per support recommendation and only till your can upgrade.  The horizon agent may support redhat 8, but your entering it in a horizon 7.8 , which is why your getting that message. 7.8 only supported rhel 7.6 I believe. You can't really expect anything to work as it should in this state.

0 Kudos