VMware Horizon Community
sandeep_nambiar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

RDSH application pool on Wyse Zero Client

Dear All,

I have configured Horizon 7 environment with Desktop pool and RDS Application pool. With Horizon client everything works fine.

I can see the Desktops and the application pool. Is it possible to get the same thing in the zero client as well? Currently when i login

to the zero client i directly get my Desktop. I want to see Application pool as well. This is my first time with Horizon.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here you go:

Click on Options (left top of the screen) --> Configuration --> Session --> Advance --> Enable RDS Application Access

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes it is possible provided you have Teradici firmware 4.8 and above. What version of firmware are you running in the zero client and what is the version of the Teradici management console? I am not in the office so can't provide the exact settings to configure in the zero client but can provide that when I am back in the office tomorrow.

0 Kudos
sandeep_nambiar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear Dinesh,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have Zero client firmware version 4.8. I am not using any management console yet.

Do i need teradici management console? I was planning to use wyse device manager. It would be really helpful if you can

provide me with the settings that needs to be configured.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here you go:

Click on Options (left top of the screen) --> Configuration --> Session --> Advance --> Enable RDS Application Access

sandeep_nambiar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, I will try it tomorrow itself and let you know thank you.

0 Kudos
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please mark my response as the correct answer if it resolves your issue

Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Dear Dinesh,

Thanks for this great tip. I was looking for this.

So when user logs into Zero client he get list of applications

e.g. shortcut desktop, word, excel etc.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos