VMware Horizon Community
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RDSH Manual Farm - Application Pool on iOS or Android?

We are in the process of testing out RDSH farms in Horizon 7.6. The goal is to deliver some Windows based applications to iOS or Android devices which VMWare stated would not be an issue. I have not been able to find much documentation to back that up, however.

We have 2 issues we are trying to resole. First, is it possible to create an application pool and deliver something like Calculator or PowerBI to one of these devices? These are just examples, not what would be the use case in the end. As a test, these two applications have been made available and I can log in to the Horizon Client on Windows 10 and access the applications via PCoIP or BLAST. When attempting to access these via PCoIP on an iOS or Android device the screen is blank. On BLAST we at least get a progress bar that takes about 5 minutes to get to 100% and never displays the app. In fact, I dont even see a session in View Admin.

The second issue is that when accessing these applications on Windows 10, the client launches us into a Server 2012 login screen where we see the steps an end user would see if logging into the server itself. When the server would normally present the desktop to the user the screen closes and we get the application delivered. Any idea what would cause this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies