VMware Horizon Community
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RDP session won't start after logging on to Security Server

need some help here folks,

User can login to security server and get authenticated but when user clicks on CONNECT (Web Access) nothing happens and RDP session won't start.

The option Direct Connect to Virtual Desktop on Connection Server is UNCHECKED

The setup:

VDM 2.1.1 ESX 3.5 U2 VC 2.5 U3

Remote users connecting from a remote location to Security Server- 192.168.0.100 via WAN

Port 80 and 443 opened on Security Server (internal IP 10.10.10.100, Nat'ed to external IP192.168.0.100)

locked.properties file has been modified with external nat'ed IP 192.168.0.100, port 443 and protocol:https

The network between Security Server and Connection Server is wide open, no firewall

The problem:

After user logging on/authenticating with the Security Server, user clicks on CONNECT on the Web Access Client, which does not bring up the RDP session...nothing happens.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

if I switch to Windows vdm client to connect, I get the following error:

"vdm client failed to create the rdp control" see attached

0 Kudos
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

anyone?

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was unable to get the security server to work right for myself. however once i upgraded to View (VDI)

i changed the security servers that i had and made them replica servers.

thus i was able to make a set of inside and outside VDM servers with diffrent URL's

Stephen

0 Kudos
Realworld
Contributor
Contributor

how is your network setup considering the connection between your security server and your View clients? the security server needs to be able to directly access the clients using RDP. This bypasses (unfortunately) the main server.

0 Kudos
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the network is wide open between security server, connection server and the vm's

0 Kudos