VMware Horizon Community
MattSyme
Contributor
Contributor

RDP servers requiring a user connection after recreation to enable remote desktop licensing

Hi,

I am fairly certain this may have been asked before on this site although I wasnt able to find it so I apologize in advance if I am repeating known information.

We have RDP servers that after provisioning, maintenance, recover options etc will always drop the first connection to them with an error that the blast protocol isnt ready, I have worked out that actually it is dropping because it cant confirm the existence of our remote desktop licensing server. once it drops that first connection, every other connection will work fine as the server is talking to the remote desktop licensing server.
our remote desktop licensing is set in domain GP, it is per user and points to an internal server.

Seems like maybe I have misconfigured something but I was curious to find out the best way get the servers to talk to the licensing server without needing a user connection to kick things off between them?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Is there a firewall between the license server and the RDSH hosts? Don't think that is related but I remember seeing that problem at one point after I moved mine behind a firewall. Not sure at the moment if fixing the firewall rules fixed it or not.

0 Kudos
MattSyme
Contributor
Contributor

yes there is two actually, but our firewall rules aren't user based, so as soon as the server gets a dhcp address it can talk to the license server. however I will see if our network team can trace any blocked requests between the two.

0 Kudos