VMware Horizon Community
RHamaker
Contributor
Contributor

Quirky Pending Session Errors

Guys i know this horse has been beat to death before on other forums but i can't seem to find anyone that has posted with a problem like this.  I am running a Horizon 6.2.1 environment with windows 7x64 workstations on a network that is separated from the internet by a proxy.   I have a security server out in front of the proxy that has the appropriate firewall exceptions allowed (per the VMWare ports and protocols white paper) and everything seems to be hunky dory.  Here is where it takes a downward turn however.  I have about 80 users in a building in VA (i am located in AL for reference) that seem to randomly give errors in the connection server log that the pending session has expired.  The end users experiences the same effect as if the firewall ports were not opened properly, they get presented with the pool to choose from when they click the pool the windows launches black then closes and they get a generic display protocol error.  I can go into the connection server and see where they tried to connect to machine X, i can then manually restart that machine from vcenter and they are able to connect to it perfectly fine with no problems.  This is happening multiple times a day and it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it.  Once a user is connected, as long as the session doesn't time out from inactivity, the connection is stable and they can work all day without problems.  I have the connection server set to automatically log off after 60 minutes of disconnect and have asked the users to log off vs just close the window.  There doesn't seem to be any correlation, that i can see, between how the user terminates the session and them not being able to log back in later.  I also have tried having the systems recompose after log off but that introduces a slew of other problems and didn't seem to correct this one.

I have been trying to work this out for months now and this project is only growing and the problem is only getting worse.  I will take any help or direction that i can get at this point!  I have attached the error the end user gets

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dbbs2012
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RHamaker...were you able to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We saw the exact same issue but for the record, we are using vGPU with K1 cards.

Eventually it ended up being an issue with the way you install agents and VMWare tools. There is a distinct "path" in which you need to install them.

Basically it's remove all, then install VMTools --> VMware Agent  --> Direct connect agent --> vGPU drivers.

0 Kudos