VMware Horizon Community
masdog
Contributor
Contributor

QuickPrep and NetLogon Errors

I am in the process of deploying View 4.6 using linked clones and non-persistent desktops.  Desktops are set to delete and be recreated when users log out. 

I am seeing my domain controller logs fill up with NetLogon errors.   The error IDs that I am seeing are 5722 and 5805 - failure to authenticate errors.  These errors occur after the desktop has been deleted and recreated.  After this, the desktops appear to provision correctly, and users are able to log in.  The View Composer account has permissions to create and delete desktops in the OU where they are being stored.  I am not running any quickprep scripts.

Are these error messages expected behavior?  Do I need to make any changes to Active Directory or View composer to avoid these errors in the future?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

masdog, did you ever get an answer to your question?   Maybe it's a possible timing issue where the AD domain controllers haven't synced up between the delete and recreation of the VM.

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

we had a similar issue after reverting the snapshots. following MS KB resolved it for us.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154501

0 Kudos