VMware Horizon Community
zemitch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Questions about replica files

Hello,

I use VMWare Horizon View 5.2.

I want to remove several datastores from vCenter. I have already moved all virtual machines to a new datastore, updated the datastores location for each VM from the View Administration page  and deleted all Linked Clone VMs as I did not need it anymore,

All VM are now full clones.

The problem is that on the datastores I want to remove  there is still folders and files named "replica-543ff-fsff34f-....".

I cannot delete theses files.

I followed the procedure described on document 2009844 to find and remove unused replica virtual machines in VMware View. There is no replica that is not in used according to the result of the command.

1) How to identify to which VM belong a replica to?

2) How to safely move these replicas to the new Datastore?

3) I do undersand why these replicas are used as I do not use LC anymore and there is no snapshot.

I noticed that the Modified date of these replica files is quite old (several months).

Thans for you help.

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
zemitch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I followed steps described on document 1031842 "Determining which replica disk is used for a linked clone virtual machine" and I get no output (seems logical as I have no LC amymore).

0 Kudos
zemitch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This kind of command :

VcUsername=**** -VcPassword=***** -InventoryPath=/****/vm/VMwareViewComposerReplicaFolder/replica-62247f1a-891e-4a09-a391-c351c316298e -Recursive=true

Returns Exit code:11 Entity not found.

0 Kudos