VMware Horizon Community
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

Question on Licencing.

Hi All,

Linjo

Currently I am using 300 licences for VDI and I have another licence key for 500 user, now how can I add new key in View? because I have to support 800 users at a time.

I have to add both licence keys to view [300 and 500 licences key]

How many individual keys we can add in view?

6 Replies
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Since View has no hard licensing enforcement you don't need to. Just keep your total amount of desktops under or on the maximum amount of licenses you have and you're good. What does get enforced is the amount of vm's trough vSphere when you use the View ESXi licenses so you do need to add the extra licenses in there. The same counts for app volumes, not sure about UEM.

Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

Thank you for reply Magneet!!

Correct me if I am wrong, if I replace licence key with 500 user, I can still accommodate 800 users?

As of now, my ESXi licence is saying, I can create 300 VM's with current licence, I think it mean's I can't accommodate 800 users with out adding new key for 500 VM's?

"also currently I am seeing -2 under available VM's in one of the host, under esxi licence detail"

0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

For ESXi you can add the extra license, you don't need to replace the old one (this is done on vCenter level) it will add them up for a total of 800. And that -2 I guess says you have deployed to many vm's already.

Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

oh and I would do nothing with the view licenses unless you bought another level of licenses (enterprise instead of standard) because otherwise the extra features wouldn't be available.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It is true that it is a soft license limit and you don't HAVE to replace them. I would add that if the licenses are for the same product type like "Horizon Advanced" or "Horizon Standard." Then you can have them combined by VMware sales support into a single license available on your VMware license site.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

also you can combine them from My VMware Portal so you will get single key , this cover Horizon, vCenter and ESXI