VMware Horizon Community
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quadro 6000 not working after ESXi6.0U1 update

We have just upgraded our view environment from View 5.2 and ESXi5.1 to view 6.2 and ESXi6.0U1.

since the upgrade, we have been unable to get our Quadro 6000 graphics cards back working for use with sVGA. I have installed a couple of different host drivers and they all give the same result.

we have tried

NVIDIA-VMware_ESXi_6.0_Host_Driver_346.42

# vmgpu

returns nothing

# /etc/init.d/xorg status

Xorg is not running

# esxcli system module load -m nvidia

Unable to load module /usr/lib/vmware/vmkmod/nvidia: Busy

I have checked in the bios and the primary display is set to the integrated graphics and not the Quadro card. Host is a DL380 Gen8. Not to sure where to go from here.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have a look in the xorg.log file, any relevant errors should show up there.

I have a suspicion that Nvidia might have discontinued support for the old Quadros, but the xorg.log should tell you that.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
krd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

NVIDIA never certified Quadro 6000 on ESX, and unfortunately the 346.* drivers drop support for it entirely.

0 Kudos
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tell me if I am looking in the wrong place but the /var/log/xorg.log file has no new entries in it since the last reboot while the host was still running 5.1??

is it in a different spot in 6.

0 Kudos
adamRbarber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@krd do you have anything to support this so I can show who I need to show if that is the case??

do you think there is much chance of running an older driver and just not being officially supported?

0 Kudos