VMware Horizon Community
MichaelSteg
Contributor
Contributor

Put View Transfer Server in Maintenance Mode

Hello

Does anyone knows a way to put the VMware View Transfer Server 4.6 in maintenance mode with a script (command line)? I need a script to put them in maintenance mode, before we take a disaster backup snapshot. Otherwise snapshot will not succeed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
MichaelSteg
Contributor
Contributor

Does not look like I can put the transfer server in maintenance mode with this commands. I think it must be a way through VMware View Connection Server or the Administrator Site from VMware View.

With the powercli from VMware View, I found till yet no suitable command for the transfer server.

0 Kudos
Aervyn
Contributor
Contributor

I am usually not the guy to dig up old threads but did you find a solution for your problem? I am currently facing the same thing...

0 Kudos
Camek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just disasble your View Connection server from the servers under view configuation.  This will prevent anyone from getting a new desktop or checking one in...

0 Kudos
Aervyn
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the thing is that we need a script for automated backup. A collaborator told me that it's possible to put the transfer server into maintenance mode with the vdmadmin command line tool. Does anyone know how? Google isn't very bold on that topic...

0 Kudos
Aervyn
Contributor
Contributor

You are allowed to tell me if it doesn't work. Don't be afraid Smiley Wink

I need a solution soon Smiley Sad

0 Kudos