VMware Horizon Community
bonezau1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Published Apps - additional taskbar icon/window after upgrade to View 7.2.0

We recently upgraded from View 6.2.3 to 7.2.0 and since then we have several applications that when launched from an RDS published app pool, are now showing an additional taskbar icon/window that never used to be there prior to the upgrade.

I've attached an example. It doesn't happen to all of our published apps, but it does happen to some of them.

If I RDP to the server directly and launch the app, I do not get this issue, it's only when launching via the Horizon View client on Windows.

Has anyone come across this before and know how to fix it? It's not a major problem but our users have picked up on it and would like it fixed.

Also note - this is on Windows 2012 Server, and there are 3 RDSH servers in our pool, the problem exists on at least 2 of them with separate apps, so it's not limited to a single RDSH server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This was a regression in View 7.1.0 that was fixed in View 7.3.x.

The workaround for anyone with 7.1 or 7.2 is to change the following View Agent GPO: VMware View Agent Configuration > Unity Touch and Hosted Apps > Send updates for empty or offscreen windows to “Disabled”.

Can you give that a try and tell me if it works for you?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This was a regression in View 7.1.0 that was fixed in View 7.3.x.

The workaround for anyone with 7.1 or 7.2 is to change the following View Agent GPO: VMware View Agent Configuration > Unity Touch and Hosted Apps > Send updates for empty or offscreen windows to “Disabled”.

Can you give that a try and tell me if it works for you?

0 Kudos
bonezau1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi grossag,

That works perfectly, thank you very much!

Regards

bonezAU