VMware Horizon Community
danishaider
Contributor
Contributor

Provisioning error occured for Machine xxxx-xx. Resync operatioN failed

I have one machine in a pool of 105 VMs which is showing this error : Provisioning error occured for Machine xxxx-xx. Resync operatioN failed.

I tried to recover, restart the machine but the issue still persists.

Any possible resolution or explanation for this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Is it "Resync operation failed.", or "Refit operation resync failed"?

Maybe one of the links below can help.

In Re: Recomposing VM or pool : Refit operation resync failed, a VMware employee stated that this was a known issue in earlier versions.

There's also a KB article https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2001021, which however seems to be for older View versions.

André

0 Kudos
danishaider
Contributor
Contributor

We are using instant clone provisioning technology not the linked clone provisioning.

It is a very strange issue. Can't also find any blog or article on this.

CraigD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had this error, as well.  The resolution turned out to be that we needed to "normalize" the VMware hardware version on our images.  We use Linked Clone pools on vSphere 6.7 with Horizon 7.12, by the way.

More info:

I don't know exactly how this happened, but some of our images were on HW v13 and others were on HW v14.  Something about applying an image with one HW version to a pool that had the other HW version caused this "Refit operation resync failed" error.

We made a pass through our images and got them all on v14.  Our most recent (weekly) round of image updates and recomposes all went fine.

The problem was identified by looking in the Composer logs.  The VMware technician gave me this excerpt:

2021-03-12 15:27:33,575 | WFE thread 3  | FATAL | ServiceCore.WorkflowEngine.ResyncSingleCloneTask - ResyncSingleCloneTask: new parent vm with moid:  has hardware version: 13 older than resync clone with clone id: 302793d1-f60b-4846-a30c-02ac068b3f85, moid: vm-661323 that has hardware version: 14

2021-03-12 15:27:33,575 | WFE thread 3  | FATAL | ServiceCore.Action.InvokeMethodAction - InvokeMethodAction: fail to execute method:<PrepareValidateHardwareVersionAction>b__0 for task 5e8ee10b-d1e8-48ca-b58b-d8b6d12c007e.

2021-03-12 15:27:33,575 | WFE thread 5  | FATAL | ServiceCore.WorkflowEngine.ResyncSingleCloneTask - Action VMware.Sim.ServiceCore.Action.InvokeMethodAction failed. Task 5e8ee10b-d1e8-48ca-b58b-d8b6d12c007e finished in Failed state.

0 Kudos