VMware Horizon Community
SVTPro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Provisioning error (missing)

Just recomposed and it lost connection to my datastore so 3 of my 9 machines for this pool are having the Provisioning error (missing) problem...

07-10-2015-3e6r7c.png

after those 3 machines it moved on and the other 6 machines are perfect..

I checked the datastore browser and 2 folders for the problemed VMs are gone and one folder that just has a .vmdk file in it and nothing else..

would i just right click on the 3 machines and remove them then go to the desktop pool and enable provisioning? When i go to the desktop pool catalog it doesnt throw any errors right now.. i feel like there is something i need to do on composer?

Sorry to sound so noobish but im still learning this View and composer thing..

Im running View Admin 6.0 w/ esxi 5.5

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SVTPro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bump!

Would like to try and figure this out today, and not have to make a support ticket.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SVTPro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bump!

Would like to try and figure this out today, and not have to make a support ticket.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CameronUBC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Follow the KB here to clean up missing VMs. http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2015112‌   

If you followed the instructions verbatim and it doesn't resolve the issue, it's still possible that the there are other references in the View SQL database. Please contact VMware technical support if that's the case. They have a few SQL queries that are not public that they can use to ensure that the desktops are not in the View database.

Lastly, if the database has been verified your connection servers can be out of sync. Please see this other KB VMware KB: Recommended restart cycle of the VMware Horizon View environment for more information on how to restart your environment. If there's no cost to restarting your whole View environment then you can likely skip the previous suggestion checking for undocumented references in the database server. If this is the case, check the Windows events log for the ADAM events log and look for replication errors which may be the cause of the issues in the first place (which was the case in my View environment).

0 Kudos