VMware Horizon Community
Akrietsch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problems with Application Windows resizing on mult-monitor View.

We have a recurring issue with our deployment. We have View 4.6, Windows 7 endpoints, and often when people are connected to multi-monitor sessions, there will be an issue with application windows (outlook, acrobat, etc.) resizing. This only seems to occur after the user unlocks their session (we have a  7 minute timeout policy, and people typically lock their machines when leaving their desk.

Upon unlocking their session, sometimes all of the open app windows will shrink into a smaller box, on the main monitor, and the user will have to move them back to their original location. For example, if a user has two monitors, and they keep Outlook maximized on their left monitor (which isn't their "main" display), upon coming back into the machine, that Outlook window might switch over to the right monitor, and shrink to a smaller window.

Has anyone else seen this issue? At this time I can only verify that it happens on PCoIP, not sure if it does it on RDP.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Meph1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello

Yes we encountered this in our setup. The idea that my boss came up with, and has seemed to work, is to change the power policy.

We created a new policy via group policy and forced the machines to use it. There is only one change in this power plan, make sure to set the monitors to never turn off in the VM (the default is 5 or 10 mins). Since we rolled out the change we have had no problems.

If you are running the View client on Windows 7 machines they can still have their monitors turn off, but as long as the virtual machines monitors are still "on" you should be fine.

Give it a shot.

VCA4-DT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Meph1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello

Yes we encountered this in our setup. The idea that my boss came up with, and has seemed to work, is to change the power policy.

We created a new policy via group policy and forced the machines to use it. There is only one change in this power plan, make sure to set the monitors to never turn off in the VM (the default is 5 or 10 mins). Since we rolled out the change we have had no problems.

If you are running the View client on Windows 7 machines they can still have their monitors turn off, but as long as the virtual machines monitors are still "on" you should be fine.

Give it a shot.

VCA4-DT
0 Kudos
Akrietsch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. I looked at it and sure enough, my power settings are set to turn the monitor off after 10 minutes. I will look into turning that off, and will report back here to see if that fixed everything.

0 Kudos
Akrietsch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. This indeed did fix my issue.

0 Kudos
saintcubsfan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Jumping in late, but just wanted to confirm that this fixed my issue, as well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos