VMware Horizon Community
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problems while trying to add vCenter Server and Composer

In a fresh Horizon 7 deployment, i created the connection server, added the user to the local admin, but when i try to finish the settings for the connection server the warning of "view storage accelerator could not be verified due to invalid name or password", tried to finish the configuration but an extra error message "Failed due to a bad user name or password". I checked and double check the users and passwords and saw nothing wrong.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

you need to add the domain to your user name if its from AD. I just  setup 7.3.1 and looked at mine and I have the domain in from of my user.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
obecerril
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon 7.3.1

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

you need to add the domain to your user name if its from AD. I just  setup 7.3.1 and looked at mine and I have the domain in from of my user.

GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Correct.

However I found that DOMAIN\Username wasn't good enough. It continued to fail until I changed it to 'user@domain.name' (no quotes) and then it completed successfully.

0 Kudos
mhough
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I know this is an old post - however I just found myself in this situation and the answer for me was different still.  On my vCenter appliance the login credentials were administrator@vsphere.local along with a password which does not match my domain administrator password, so the only way I could get through this wizard was to use the vCenter appliance credentials and then at the Composer screen (separate server from vCenter) I used administrator@mydomainname, and then in the final screen before the storage screen, the user appeared as mydomainname\administrator.  I'm guessing that maybe my domain admin did not have sufficient rights on the vCenter appliance and that is what created the errors.

0 Kudos
vSeanWatson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello All - I hope this helps someone out there. You will normally receive errors when you try to add a vCenter Server to Horizon View console with a domain account that does not have access to the vCenter Server as an Administrator.

You will receive the following errors:

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_5.png

My Resolution:

Please log on to your vCenter Server Console as Administrator (administrator@vsphere.local) and go to Home > Roles, ensure that you add your domain in User Roles, under configuration, identity sources as can be seen below:

pastedImage_0.png

Then go to Global permission and add the domain user that you would like to use to add the vCenter Server to Horizon View (Preferably the account that will be used as log on as a service on your domain.)

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

You should proceed to the Composer section, add your domains and you should be able to enable View Storage Accelerator, Reclaim VM Disk Space and add your Server to Horizon View.

PS: Everything works with username@domain.name, sometimes you may get errors with domain.name\username.

0 Kudos