VMware Horizon Community
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problems creating Instant Clones

I had Instant Clones working before but recently they will not publish anymore.

I have tried different master images (all Win10) with different snapshots and they all do the same thing:

The Template gets created in vCenter (6.0U2).

The Replica gets created in vCenter.

The Parents get created in vCenter.

There is a delay and then vCenter deletes the Parents, Replica and Template and View(7.0.2) states Publish Failed.

I have also tried new pools as well.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is what I happened upon:

While regenerating some Instant Clones in the working pool, I noticed errors with some of them failing to regenerate.

Those errors led me to 2 of the Hosts in the Cluster.

I put them in Instant Clone Maintenance (which delete the Parent VMs from them) and regenerated the Instant Clones again.  NO ERRORS.

I then updated my test pool with a new Golden Master Image and it successfully published (through the other Hosts in the Cluster).

Finally, I put one problem Host fully in Maintenance Mode and restarted the Host. Once up and out of Maintenance Mode, I did the same with the other problem Host.

Then I took both out of Instant Clone Maintenance and updated the main Instant Clone pool with our new Win10 Golden Master Image.

It completed successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewDay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Any recent changes to your Composer server or the service account used to connect to vCenter?

0 Kudos
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Service accounts are fine and Composer Server is not used for Instant Clones.

Recently upgraded to Horizon 7.0.2 from 7.0.1 but I believe the Clones still published at that point.

0 Kudos
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is what I happened upon:

While regenerating some Instant Clones in the working pool, I noticed errors with some of them failing to regenerate.

Those errors led me to 2 of the Hosts in the Cluster.

I put them in Instant Clone Maintenance (which delete the Parent VMs from them) and regenerated the Instant Clones again.  NO ERRORS.

I then updated my test pool with a new Golden Master Image and it successfully published (through the other Hosts in the Cluster).

Finally, I put one problem Host fully in Maintenance Mode and restarted the Host. Once up and out of Maintenance Mode, I did the same with the other problem Host.

Then I took both out of Instant Clone Maintenance and updated the main Instant Clone pool with our new Win10 Golden Master Image.

It completed successfully.

0 Kudos