VMware Horizon Community
KirillShusherin
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with external connection

Hi. Sorry for my bad english.

I have the problem with my View 5.2. I have newly installed system. All work fine from office LAN. PC client, android client can access connection server and work with desktops. After that i used NAT to publicate communication server in internet (all connections are opened for testing puprose). I can connect to connection server. But after authorization i see black screen for 10-15 second and receive message - The connection to the remote computer ended.

What is the problem?

I can't installed security server, becuse recieve message decribed in this KB VMware KB: Installing View 5.1 Security Server fails with the error: Unable to pair this Security Se...

But nothing helped. I've disabled IPSec for Security Server pairing, but i still receive this message. This is why i use NAT.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

In my opinion you should focus on fixing the security server instead of troubleshooting the process of making the connection broker available outside the network.    There were several things in the KB and I'm curious if you went through all of them.   For the sake of the thread I just pasted them in.   I think the one most people struggle with is the ports.   i would double check that all of the required ports from security server to connection broker are open per this KB, http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1027217

0 Kudos
KirillShusherin
Contributor
Contributor

Connection server is in corporate LAN. I tried to install security server in DMZ. VM dedicated to security server can ping VM with connection server. All traffic between them was allowed on firewall. Ipsec was disabled on connection server. In domain network windows firewall is disabled by domain polices (i've tried all situations - disable\enable windows firewall on both machines). I don't reache the moment the password is asked. I just enter the connection server name and receive error.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Why is ipsec disabled?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
KirillShusherin
Contributor
Contributor

As i understand from vmware documentation IPSec needs powered on windows firewall,. So i've tried with ipsec + powered on firewall and also witout ipsec + powered off firewall.

Today i've noticed interesting thing. I turn on widows firewall on both VM, restart them and start installing secure server immediatly after the reboot. In this way i didn't receive error message. I entered pair password and security server installation start. But it failed at the end with error message about IPSec. So the question is what can change in 3-5 minutes after OS start that causes IPSec failure. (because if i wait 5 minutes and then start installation of security server i receive error on the begining)

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I would recommend to check the firewall inbetween the servers at the same time as when you do a pairing-attemt even if "they" say everything is open its not always the case.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos