VMware Horizon Community
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem with connecting to View Horizon 6.2.2

We have VDI enviroment with View 5.3 and vCenter 5.5 and decide to install new View 6.2.2 and vCenter 6, and move machines to new enviroment.

After migrating machines and installing View agent 6.2 on it, user cannot connect to his desktop: user is connected to View connection server, but when he try to connect to desktop the screen is black and after few seconds the session is down.

On View server there are warning logs every few seconds:

<DesktopControlJMS> [DesktopTracker] CHANGEKEY message from agent/a5afb226-4ef7-4292-b6b4-6d9f0adb4acc is discarded as it cannot be validated

<DesktopControlJMS> [JMSMessageSecurity] Message could not be validated: Signature invalid for identity agent/a5afb226-4ef7-4292-b6b4-6d9f0adb4acc

<DesktopControlJMS> [JMSMessageSecurity] Identity validation failed: UNKNOWN

Thin clients are t610 and t620 with HP ThinPro 5.2.

Even worse, when I deinstall View 6.2 agent and install 5.3 agent on that machines, users cannot connect to his destkot neither on old VDI enviroment (through View 5.3 connection server)?!

Thanks on any suggestion.

Ante

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fab4UB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ante,

Are your users using the most current View client?

If yes, you might try the following:

1. Uninstall View Agent

2. Upgrade VMware Tools to match ESX version

3. (Upgrade VM version to be 11), though I think it is not necessary

4. Install View Agent 6.2 again

The new VMware tools use a different video driver and the view agent might need that.

Regarding the log entries, I suppose that this is different problem:
The CHANGEKEY message occurs, as far as I know, if a VD which was registered in View before has installed a new View agent without preserving it's key, e.g. if you reinstalled the VM from scratch. There probably should be a VD showing "agent unreachable" in View Administrator then. If that is the case you can use vdmadmin on the connection server to reset the VDs key.

vdmadmin -A -d <desktop> -m machine -resetkey where <desktop> should be the desktops poolID (not display name) and machine is the machine name as shown in View Administrator.

You have to be View administrator in order to run the command successfully.

Kind regards,

Fabian

biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Fabian.

I already try to reinstall view agent, tools and upgrade VM hardware, also I try to reset key (in many order all of that) no help.

I also suspect that maybe the problem is in preserving old key, and I will try it again.

Does the reason can be some security problem, i.e. vCenter/View certificates, or some Active Directory permission?

0 Kudos
Fab4UB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ante,

as I said, I suppose that the log entries regarding the Changekey Message are not related to the login problem with the black screen but to machines which have a new agent (and key) but the key in view administrator still is the old one. Did you check if there are any machines in "Agent unreachable" status? 

Regarding the black screen problem:

1. Is the view client on the thin clients up to date?

2. Can you try to connect with the windows View client in the most current version?

3. Are clients and desktops in the same subnet? If there is a firewall in between there might be some rules missing (e.g. because your new environment is in a new subnet).

4. What do the View agent logs contain on the Desktops with the black screen problem?

5. What exactly do you mean by "install new View 6.2.2 and vCenter 6, and move machines to new enviroment."? Did you create a new environment in parallel and are moving machines to it? So you manually registered them then?

6. I do not suppose that you have certificate problems if there is no related (log) message and AD permission should not be the problem as well, as you users seem to be able to log in (though they have a black screen afterwards).

Kind regards,

Fabian

0 Kudos