VMware Horizon Community
pvelasco85
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with audio in Cisco IP Communicator

Hi,

I have a problem with audio in a VMware View enviornment.

I'm not sure if it's important, but my thin client is a WYSE X90LE model, and I install the drivers for USB support (WYSE property). I use Logitech Headset.

When I connect to virtual desktop, i have a sound; but when i start de Ip Communicator aplication i obtain the next error : "There are no compatible sound devices installed on this computer. Please click 'OK' to exit"

Anyone have this problem ?

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Pedro Velasco

Tarragona, Spain

Best regards, Pedro Velasco Tarragona, Spain
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lupem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You need to buy the TCX license for Rich Sound from WYSE. They have three licenses that are required for your VM using Wyse terminals to work correctly. Multimedia, and USB also. $25 per license per device. You will need to put the TCX license they give you in a WNOS.INI in your FTP server. I hate this cause they do advertise that TCX licenses and an FTP server are required until you call them with issues that you are having. i had threatened to sue them for false advertising. Also reinstall the VMware tools into the VM. make sure you have the latest RDP software from microsoft. I believe they are at 6.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lupem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You need to buy the TCX license for Rich Sound from WYSE. They have three licenses that are required for your VM using Wyse terminals to work correctly. Multimedia, and USB also. $25 per license per device. You will need to put the TCX license they give you in a WNOS.INI in your FTP server. I hate this cause they do advertise that TCX licenses and an FTP server are required until you call them with issues that you are having. i had threatened to sue them for false advertising. Also reinstall the VMware tools into the VM. make sure you have the latest RDP software from microsoft. I believe they are at 6.1.

0 Kudos
pvelasco85
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks !!!

I try with this software

Best regards,

Pedro Velasco

Tarragona, Spain

0 Kudos
Lupem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HMM. Worked for me. Did you verify that the TCX license is being absorbed into the terminal?

Redundant questions but still asking:

Did you contact Wyse about the issue? Has it been verified that the version of software you are using is compatible in a VM. Does it work using the Vmware Client on a windows computer connecting to the same VM or thru the Web interface of the view manager to the same VM? Just checking.

Lupe Mejia

0 Kudos
pvelasco85
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I download de Richmond software for XPe (Thin Client X90LE), and I have license evaluation for this (is necessary license ? how license there ?)

But, If I install Richmond software in Thin Client, i would not have install any software on virtual desktop template ?

The connection with VDM is throuhg Vmware view Client.

Best regards,

Pedro Velasco

Tarragona, Spain

0 Kudos
Lupem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OH? XPe? i am using the linux version on the terminal. the Linux base version is just a pass thru to the VM.

0 Kudos
pvelasco85
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I had a Thin Client with Wyse OS version, but it's was returned...but with XPe and RichSound the audio problem is solved !! And IP Comunicato runs OK.

Thanks !!

Best regards,

Pedro Velasco

Tarragona, Spain

0 Kudos
davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrade your Windows VM Audio driver to Teradici's audio driver; Point Control  Panel -> Sounds to use Teradici audio as default and it should be OK.  Works on Windows 7 x 64 with View 5.0.1. Cisco IP Communicator version 8.6.1

0 Kudos