VMware Horizon Community
tarnett
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with VDI clients showing in inventory as disconnected and usernames \not available

Information for the question:

HOST: ESX 3.5 update 1

VIRTUAL CENTER:Virtual center 2.5

CLIENT: Wyse winterm s10

CONNECTION SERVER: VM 2003 R2

I have recently run into a problem where users are getting disconnected and the username shows as \unavailable and the state of the vm is disconnected. The user can no longer login and will get the message that the desktop is currently unavailable. If I reset the vm then within about 5-10 minutes the user can log back in and is fine. Seems to be happening kinda random(no patter noticed as of yet)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ardenen
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem -- though I'm trying to use a global auto-login so all my devices connecting to a pool use the same login. It seems to take a minute or two before the session times out and releases the desktop to be used again.

I'm running VDI 2.1 -- I can't remember this happening on 2.0 so I'm contemplating reverting to 2.0

0 Kudos
ardenen
Contributor
Contributor

Just as an update -- after two months of working with VMware "Gold" support they have admitted there is an issue and are working on a patch -- it should be out in a couple weeks. This particular patch has to do with the option to "Allow multiple sessions per user". There is another issue we're experiencing that we're working through with support where the workaround -- using individual logins -- times out after 5+/- hrs. Hope this helps -- if you're even having this issue.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Moved to the Product specific VDM forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos