VMware Horizon Community
DublChen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem with Solarwinds Dameware in View 5.3

Hello again gang!

I've recently updated and rebuilt all of our desktop pools under View 5.3.  Since then the product we used to use for logging into the remote desktops, Solarwinds Dameware, will not connect to the user desktop.  This was not an issue before.  The only other variable is that I also ran the View Windows 7/8 optimization .bat file processes on all of the new desktops.  Could there have been something in that process that would block remote control software like Dameware now?

Thanks,

Keith...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DublChen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bryan,

Yes, we did.  It turns out that it was not an issue with DameWare at all.  It was in DHCP and DNS.  Our View Desktops run DHCP and the DNS records were not refreshing the new IP address after the current lease expired.  That caused the weird connection and install issues we were having.  Our network admin fixed that problem and now all View desktops can be remoted back into, even with the mirror driver.  So for not responding sooner!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check if you have firewall issue. Dameware by default work on port 6129.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
DublChen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I thought that too, vcpguy, but they are attached to our AD Domain and Windows Firewall is disabled in a GPO.  I doubled checked the virtual desktops and the firewall is off there too.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How about you recreate  the pool with few VMs and without running the optimization.bat file? May be it changes some registry entry or service that is causing this issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
BryanHorton
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

DublChendid you ever figure out what was preventing you from remoting to your desktops with Dameware?

Regards,

Bryan

0 Kudos
DublChen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bryan,

Yes, we did.  It turns out that it was not an issue with DameWare at all.  It was in DHCP and DNS.  Our View Desktops run DHCP and the DNS records were not refreshing the new IP address after the current lease expired.  That caused the weird connection and install issues we were having.  Our network admin fixed that problem and now all View desktops can be remoted back into, even with the mirror driver.  So for not responding sooner!

0 Kudos