VMware Horizon Community
gazzy
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with MAC View client connection ....

Hi to everybody,

I've set up an entire virtual infrastructure, and i wanna to connect by wan connection. Inside my infrastructure i hav a VM rappresented by m0n0wall, a firewall/router.

I've setted up all the firewall rules and the inbound NAT rules, so every connections which arrives to the public IP of m0n0wall has to be redirected to the private ip of View connection server (it' s ok ?)....

In the View manager, for secure tunnel and PCoIP Secure Gateway, which IP i have to put in ?

I have in https secure tunnel the public IP of m0n0wall ,and for secure Gateway the Gateway IP of the University's department where i'm working for my thesis.

When i try to connect with the view client from my MACbook pro, i can't reach the desktop, and it automatically opens a windows for remote desktop connections for MAC to an address like 127.0.0.2 .... What does it means?

thank you in advance for any reply.

Gazzy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Which mac client are you using.   From the sound of it you are using the old one which connects via RDP which means PCOIP isn't not available.    If you want to utilize PCOIP try downloading the latest mac client.

Also for the PCOIP secure gateway you should use the external IP of the server.     So whatever the outside user would be utilizing to access the server from the internet.

gazzy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mittim,

I cannot connect neither with RDP, because it opens mi a windows which says the desktop do not allow the RDP connection (even if i had enabled it from every desktop source).....However, i've shared it since two weeks maybe, it's possible it has changed?

0 Kudos
gazzy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mittim,

I've tried to solve the problem, but now it can connect via RDP and is not able to use PCoIP....

Can be m'n0wall the problem? Can i install the security server with m0nowall? The security server needs two ip addresses? One public and on private?

Thanks in advance....

0 Kudos