VMware Horizon Community
Programmeernetw
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with LDAP OpenObject

Hello all,

I am using a evaluation version of View 3.0. Install was going perfect. Can logon to the view manager, no problem.

But, there are 2 problems showing up in Event Log, which i don't now how to fix.

1. Whan starting View Connection server, the eventlog shows this event:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: VMware VDM

Event Category: VMware VDM

Event ID: 104

Date: 3/24/2009

Time: 1:20:32 PM

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: VDI

Description:

OpenObject could not open ldap: //AII/dc=aii,dc=domain,dc=nl

I don't think this is a good LDAP string, but correct me if i'm wrong.

2. I can search AD for users, but when i found a user, the username field doesn't display the username but "Unknown type 11".

I think 1 and 2 are related, but would like it fixed. I can't add users to entitlement now and can't add admins either. Can anyone help me!?

With Kind Regards,

David

5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi there,

please could you add the FQDN + IP of the DC in the hosts file for testing purposes on the View Manager server?

Thanks,

Christoph

Blog: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth

0 Kudos
Programmeernetw
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your reply.

Did that now.

Still getting the could not connect error....

0 Kudos
Programmeernetw
Contributor
Contributor

I found the solution.

I edited the VMWare services in the windows tab to not start with a local system account, but with a domainadmin account.

This did the trick. No errors now.

telkington
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, when you say vmware services, do you refer to all the vmware services on the Connection server (vdm server)?

0 Kudos
DonAVG
Contributor
Contributor

"I edited the VMWare services in the windows tab to not start with a local system account, but with a domainadmin account."

Thanks for this!!

For some reason, rebooting and manually restarting services didn't help.

But changing the "VMware View Web Component" in services.msc to start as a domain admin account. Then stopping it (which didn't work), then killing ws_tomcatservice.exe through the task manager. Then starting the service again (just to see it didn't start properly). Then changing the "run as" back to the original setting again. The killing ws_tomcatservice.exe again. Then starting the service again. And then restarting VDMDS, resolved the issue.

Even after rebooting afterwards, the issue remains resolved. I don't know what fixed it, but it saved me from a potentially very long evening.

This concerns VMware View 5.3 btw.

VMware should finally release a version of the broker for Linux, mission critical software doesn't belong on Windows.

0 Kudos