VMware Horizon Community
narna4ever
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with Floating linked clones and Persona

Hi

We are running a View Horizon 6.2.0 build-3005368.

Just upgraded our VMware environment to 6.2 and install a APEX 2800 PCoIP card on our hosts.

I have had a Desktop Pool that was Dedicated linked clone for the users.

Now I have made a new master image, and made a new pool that is Automated Desktop Pool that are Floating linked clone.

With the Dedicated linked vmis, we have Persisten disk that users profiles etc are located.

With the new Pool, I was going to use Persona. I follows this guide - http://terenceluk.blogspot.no/2012/10/configuring-roaming-profiles-with.html?showComment=14459330203... And it works fine actually, almost.

For one test users, I can see that if I save somthing on the desktop, it will be saved on the file server \\fileserver\redirected$\%username%\Desktop

When I use my user, and try to same something on the desktop – it c:\%username%\Desktop

I have tried to reset, remove my user etc, but no. All the settings I have done in the GPO  - Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) –> VMware View Agent Configuration –> Persona

Management –> Folder Redirection

But my users settings are just «local».

How come?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This can be caused by incorrect share and/or NTFS permissions on the persona/folder redirection.

It is also caused if your user account has a profile on the parent from which the linked clone desktops are created.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This can be caused by incorrect share and/or NTFS permissions on the persona/folder redirection.

It is also caused if your user account has a profile on the parent from which the linked clone desktops are created.

0 Kudos