VMware Horizon Community
varun_tbd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem in installing VMware View Connection Server

Hi,

As the first step to installing the VMware View Manager, I was trying to install the VMware View Connection Server on a Windows 2003 Server SP2 virtual machine. This machine is added in a domain under our Windows Active Directory. I can log into the machine using user accounts that reside on the active directory. My problem is that when I am trying to install the View Connection Server, I get an error message stating

"The computer is a member of a domain, but no logon servers were found. Please ensure that the computer is correctly joined in a domain and that a domain controller is available before attempting this installation again".

Considering that I can log in into the machine using accounts in the active directory, I am assuming that the computer is correctly joined in the domain. Also I have confirmed that there is a domain controller in the active directory. I have tried doing the installation using an account with admin privileges assigned through the active directory as well as a local administrator account. Could someone suggest where I could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Varun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you validated that DNS and WINS are setup correctly on the Server you are trying to intall the Connection broker on?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you validated that DNS and WINS are setup correctly on the Server you are trying to intall the Connection broker on?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
jbruelasdgo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

and remember that FQDN is a good practice

Jose

Jose B Ruelas http://aservir.wordpress.com
linglong768
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hey,have you tried to use adminstrato account to log in to the server 2003?

varun_tbd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi

there was a dns problem which got solved on disconnecting and reconnecting the machine to the domain and restarting the machine. thanks to all of you for your replies.

regards

varun

0 Kudos
Brundlefly7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just ran into the same issue and located this post. Removing the machine from the domain and re-adding it back also solved this problem for me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos