VMware Horizon Community
yb345
Contributor
Contributor

Problem Guest customization Horizon 7 ESX 6.5 "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error"

Hi,

I'm having a problem deploying a Desktop Pool of Virtual Machines using Vmware Horizon 7.

When I create a desktop pool of Virtual Machines using a template of Windows 10 and a guest customization, I get the following message after the Virtual machine is created:

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

This problem seems to come from Vmware Horizon itself because I've tried to deploy a virtual machine from the same template and the same guest customization with Vcenter and there is absolutely no problem.

This problem also doesn’t appear when I deploy a virtual machine from Vmware Horizon using a guest customization without trying to join a domain.

For information: I’ve had the same problem on windows 8.1, windows server 2016….

Thanks for the help.

I use:

-          ESX 6.5.0 build-5310538

-          Vcenter appliance 6.5.0.5600

-          Vmware Horizon 7.1.0 build-5170113

I’m using an evaluation version of ESX and Vmware Horizon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

as i understand f, you are trying to do full clone desktops with a templates and you are getting an error

This issue can have multiple causes. the reason can be :

-Bad Product Key

-Invalid Computer Names

-Issue with the Admin Account or permission issue

-An installed application breaks the unattended install process

please refer to KB#2073576 it will help you to understand to troubleshoot and to know where is the problem

Virtual machines continuously restart after a clone operation in VMware Horizon View (2073576) | VMw...

0 Kudos
yb345
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.

I had already seen this KB, and I think i can exclude the "Bad Product Key" as I have assign one to my template.

I don't have any 3rd party application installed so I don't think the problem is here.

What does Invalid computer name means and also permission issue with admin account ?

I also noticed that I don't have this problem when horizon agent isn't installed on the template.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
jacshon121
Contributor
Contributor

Here is how to fix 100% working Method “The computer restarted unexpectedly” in Windows 10

1 – Using Registry

2 – Run Startup / Automatic Repair

3 – Format Your Hard Drive

4 – Check Your Hard Disk Cables

Source:- http://merabheja.com/100-working-method-the-computer-restarted-unexpectedly-during-windows-10-insta...

0 Kudos