VMware Horizon Community
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Probem with Vmware View 5.1 and self-signed SSL Certificates

Hi,

I have a Problem with a View Connection Server and self-signed SSL certificates.

I did this step:

1. add Signed Certificate to the MS Certificate Store ==> personal certificates
  2. change the friendly name from the certificate to vdm
  3. add the root certificate to trusted store
  4. install Vmware View 5.1 Connection Server
  5. login to the connection server via FQDN ==> no certificate warning/error
  6. in the dashboard of the View Administrator an error is shown by the View Connection Server SSL certificat is untrusted

Have anybody an idea to fix this Problem?

Please Help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
leaffan
Contributor
Contributor

Did you rename the original certificate from vdm to vdm.old?

Did you restart the connection server service?

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No I don't rename the certificate because, I added and change the friendlyname to vdm and after that I install the connection server.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Sometimes it's easier to simply import the entire certificate chain into the store exspecially if your cert was signed by an intermediate CA.  This way you know everything is covered.   

0 Kudos
leaffan
Contributor
Contributor

There will be more than one cert on the local broker. Open MMC again and have a check for another cert that has the vdm friendly name. That will be the original . Rename the friendly name to .old and restart the broker service.

0 Kudos
leaffan
Contributor
Contributor

Good point.

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I put the new certificate with the add options to the store and rename the old vdm to vdm.old and the new added to vdm restart the server but the error is still the same.

I browsed thru the whole certificate store but there is no other certificate with the friendlyname vdm.

0 Kudos
TheLittleOne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok i solved my Problem now. I generated a certificate which is exactly the same with the old one but i generated it with MS certification and not with openSSL and now it works fine.

0 Kudos