VMware Horizon Community
WillUsher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Privilege delegation

Hi everyone,

We have a large client who is looking at View, but they need one feature I'm not sure View has. They would like to give low level admins access to things like resetting desktops, and creating pools, but not destroying pools, for example. They like the control they have in vCenter, and I'd like to know if it's possible in View.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

At this point, no, you cannot have separate roles for View. You can designate individuals (as long as they have ability to add computer accounts to AD) to manage View but it's an all-or-nothing concept for now.

This may change in future versions. When and which version is yet to be determined.

I would suggest putting in a feature request. The more people who request it, the more important it becomes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

At this point, no, you cannot have separate roles for View. You can designate individuals (as long as they have ability to add computer accounts to AD) to manage View but it's an all-or-nothing concept for now.

This may change in future versions. When and which version is yet to be determined.

I would suggest putting in a feature request. The more people who request it, the more important it becomes.

0 Kudos
WillUsher
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response. I'll put in the request.

Thanks.

0 Kudos